TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
(A) GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SITE USAGE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- Information about uswww.www.louisekennedy.com is a site operated by Signum Limited (“We”). We are registered in Ireland under company number 192467and have our registered office at 56 Merrion Square Dublin 2.
- Changes to our siteWe may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- No reliance on informationThe content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- Use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by use to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
- VirusesWe do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Linking to our siteYou may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Third party links and resources in our site where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Contact usTo contact us, please email email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our site.
(B) TERMS & CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SALE OF GOODS ON OUR SITE.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you.Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site.Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
- 1. Information about us1.1 We operate the website www.www.louisekennedy.com. We are Signum, Limited, a company registered in Ireland under company number 192467 and with our registered office at 56 Merrion Square Dublin 2.
1.2 Contacting us
(a) To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 8, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to Louise Kennedy, 56 Merrion Square, Dublin 2. If you are emailing or writing to us please include details of your order to help us identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post your letter.
(b) If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01 6620056 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com
(c) If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- 2.Our Products2.1 The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
- 3. Use of our site
Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of website use. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
- 4.How we use your personal information
- 5.Your Status5.1 You may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- 6. How the contract is formed between you and us6.1 Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
6.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order.However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted.Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 6.3.
6.3 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
6.4 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 13.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
- 7. Our right to vary these Terms7.1 We amend these Terms from time to time.
7.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- REFUNDS & RETURNS
- 8. Your right of return and refund8.1 You have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in clause 8.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. This right to cancel will not apply however to goods that are personalised.
8.2 Your right to cancel the Contract expires 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the Product.
8.3 To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and furnish us with following information: your name / address as it appeared on your order, your notice in writing to cancel the order describing the goods in detail, date ordered and the date received. If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation.
If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail.
8.4 If you cancel your Contract we will:
(a) Refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
(b) Refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
(c) Make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
(i) If you have received the Product: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 8.7;
(ii) If you have not received the Product 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
8.5 If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 8 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
8.6 We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
8.7 If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
(a) Then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You can send it back to LOUISE KENNEDY, 56 MERRION SQUARE, DUBLIN 2, IRELAND.
(b) Unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 8.5), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us.
8.8 Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 8 or anything else in these Terms..
- Dispatch & Delivery (including international delivery)
- 9. Delivery9.1 We will advise you of our estimated delivery date, in the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order).These dates are only estimates and we cannot guarantee delivery by that date. Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 14 for our responsibilities when this happens.
9.2 Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
9.3 You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- 10. International delivery10.1 We deliver to the countries listed here: IRELAND, UK, REST OF EUROPE, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, RUSSIA, UAE, SAUDI ARABIA AND LEABANON. However there are restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering Products.
10.2 If you order Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
10.3 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
10.4 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
- 11. Price of products and delivery charges11.1 The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 11.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
11.2 Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
11.3 The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in Ireland for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
11.4 The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order.
11.5 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
(a) Where the Product’s correct price is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
(b) If the Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you in writing as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- 12.How to pay12.1 You can only pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards: VISA & MASTERCARD
12.2 Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will not charge your debit card or credit card until we dispatch your order.
- 13. Our liability13.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
13.2 We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13.3 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 14. Events outside our control14.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 14.2.
14.2 An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
14.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) Our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
14.4 You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
- 15. Other important terms15.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you in writing or by posting on this webpage if this happens.
15.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
15.3 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
15.4 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
15.5 Pease note that these Terms are governed by Irish law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by Irish law. You and we both agree that the courts of Ireland will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.www.louisekennedy.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information,
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Uses made of the informationWe use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
To notify you about changes to our service;
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Disclosure of your informationWe may share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Signum Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply agreements entered into with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Signum Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Your rightsYou have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to informationThe Acts give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €6.25 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.